Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Yarn Holder, Squares and Christmas in August!

Hi there - I'm back again with some more completed projects!

First is a yarn ball holder - it also works for small round cones of doily thread. I can hang it on a hook or on the arm of the chair or even my arm! There is an opening on either side to thread the yarn through so it doesn't tangle. I made it in medium gray yarn. This is for me! But I think I might make some to share with some friends who also crochet. The first picture shows it flat on the table. And the second picture shows it hanging up on a wall with it threaded with yarn.

UPDATE - 08/27/2011 - I found the link for this pattern - you can find it at: Thread Holder





Next is a Halloween colors square I made for a swap. I had fun with this yarn with the silver running through it - makes it sparkly and spooky at the same time. I found the pattern on Ravelry at Cat's Claw



I also made another flower centered squared. This one is called Irish Rose and I found the pattern here Irish Rose



I also started on some Christmas themed items. The stocking is from one of the crochet magazines and the little gnome pattern can be found here Simple Gnome



And finally is a CAL (Crochet-A-Long) I did with one of my groups. This pattern is one of the 365 Dishcloths a Day that Maggie Weldon is doing. They can be found at Best Free Crochet



Be back soon.

No comments: